1. Never beg for someone’s approval. Or attention. Or company. As a matter of fact, never beg. If they’re for you, they’d make the effort.
2. You can wear whatever color you want. Whoever told you your skin is too dark to wear yellow is a liar. Wear yellow and remember you are as radiant as the sun and as dark as the richest chocolate at the same time.
3. It’s okay to be selfish sometimes. Treat yourself the way you’d want others to treat you.
4. If you don’t ask, you’ll never know. If you don’t speak up, they’ll never hear you. Silence has a price too.
5. Your relationship with God is one of the most important relationships you’ll ever have. It affects all the others – your relationship with yourself, your family, your friends, your co-workers, even strangers. Invest in what matters most, and watch the benefit trickle down.
6. Just accept the compliment. And accept the favors too. Don’t block the blessings God is trying to send to you.
7. There’s no shame in eating alone. Or being alone. Your satisfaction shouldn’t always come from others.
8. Social media will drain your joy some days. When you start to feel like everyone else is having more fun than you, turn off you phone and remember that’s only a filtered, idealized version of their life. You never know what’s truly going on.
9. Micros were a mistake. Never again.
10. Spend less time trying to compete with everyone else. Instead, compete with yourself. One up your last success. Work to be better than you were yesterday. It’s not about being better than her or him or them. It’s about growing into an improved version of yourself.
11. Boys are not your main priority. Don’t spend more time chasing boys than you do chasing your goals.
12. Radiate the vibes your wish to attract.
13. Words have immense power that lingers longer than we tend to understand. Choose them very carefully.
14. Life loses its wonder when you cling in terror to the sidelines. Learn to let go and take some chances here and there.
15. You don’t have to agree if you don’t want to. If you mean no, say no.
16. No one can make you feel bad about yourself without your permission. Your confidence does not belong in the hands of others.
17. Deep down, people are good. They’re hurt, and lost, and misguided, and manipulated, but at their core they are good. Remember that, regardless of how they may disappoint you. Remember – what they did was bad, but the person is good. People only ever improve when we believe they are capable of doing so.
18. We learn true love and forgiveness from spending time with the God that first love and forgave us. He’s the perfect example of how we should treat others – with patience, with love, with endless, unconditional mercy.
19. Never fight fire with fire. Return rudeness with kindness. It leaves them shook every time.